Thursday, August 27, 2015

Is Girls' Generation's "You Think" Directed Towards Former Member Jessica?


                                          













A post titled, "SNSD's new song You Think is Targeted at Jessica" went viral recently. This post by Korean online forum, Instiz claimed that the song "You think" was targeted at Jessica.Check out the photo and translation below.


























1) You pretended you were the only kind one, pretended I made you cry. All your SNS you try so hard to make it look like you were the only one hurt. (Makes you think of Jessica’s victim cosplay on SNSD)

2) (Things I’ve never heard before) Hah Yeah. You uncover stories between us and used me to make people focus on you. As if I were a spiteful Bad Girl. I’ve let it slide and you step over the line again. (Refers to Jessica using stories of SNSD during interviews to gain attention. For example she once said ‘If I were still in SNSD I would not be able to do such photoshoots’)

3) The Bad girl you’ve created in the gossips you’ve spread around well it’s okay it’s all going to return to you. Listen up I have no more thoughts of regret in the choice I made. Go away. (The lyricist is telling Jessica that all the issue she is making is going to return to her)

I personally don't think the song was directed at Jessica because Girls' Generation didn't write the lyrics. Also, I don't think SNSD would do such a thing because they were once "sisters." They should respect each other to not put one another in a negative light. Nevertheless, I think it's just a coincidence that the lyrics correspond with the situation between Girls' Generation and Jessica.What do you think?



No comments:

Post a Comment